The included MASCHINE 2 software is exploding with cutting-edge technology. Improved browsing, arranging, and sampling, plus a new mixer, plug-in strip, and exclusive drum synths. Get ready for the most responsive, fluid, and musical beatmaking experience ever.
VARIATION ENGINE: RANDOMIZATION AND HUMANIZATION
The new Variation Engine helps add variety and spontaneity to your patterns. Humanize lets you shake off the shackles of quantization and loosen up a drum beat or melody. And Randomize kickstarts new tracks by creating new patterns with random velocities and positions–the perfect tool for spawning new ideas.
LOCK AND MORPH SNAPSHOTS
Whether you want to experiment creatively or just want to add some improvisation during a live performance, Lock has you covered. Simply freeze your current settings, tweak a sound’s characters, change an envelope, open a filter, and when you’re ready, return back to your initial settings at the press of a button, for up to 64 snapshots. And with the new Morph function, MASCHINE blends seamlessly from one snapshot to the next, making it easy to discover new transitions.
CONTROL EXTERNAL GEAR WITH MIDI CC
With new MIDI CC capabilities, you can control your MIDI-capable external instruments, like your favorite Roland groovebox or Korg synth, as if they were plugins. Simply load the controller template for your device in your MASCHINE software, and you can play with any MIDI-enabled parameters, like tweaking a filter or adjusting a sound’s attack, directly from MASCHINE’s ultra-responsive pads and knobs. To get you started, we’ve built a library of presets for popular devices, which you can find on our Downloads page–and if you can’t find a preset for your favorite synth, it’s easy to build your own.
2.7.10 — 2018-10-25
– Hotfix release.
-FIXED No destructive time stretch controls on controller screens
– FIXED KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 LEDs would blink when controlling Logic Pro X
– FIXED Crash at startup on some systems when system output device name has Japanese characters
– FIXED Tapping unselected pads while Prehear is on would select the pads
2.7.9 — 2018-10-22
– ADDED Support for KOMPLETE KONTROL A-Series hardware
– ADDED MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 Focus parameter through software
– ADDED MASCHINE MIKRO MK3 MIDI Mode To enable, hold SHIFT and press the MASCHINE button in the upper-left corner of the MASCHINE MIKRO MK3.
– ADDED Edit Tab to Audio plug-in Like the Sampler plug-in, you can now perform destructive audio edits to loops loaded into the Audio plug-in via the new Edit tab.
– ADDED Usable Play Range for Audio plug-in In the Edit tab of the Audio plug-in, there are now Playable Range Start and End markers which can be used to isolate only a portion of the loaded audio file that you wish to loop. The timeline along the top of the waveform now shows musical units rather than samples.
– IMPROVED Items can now be dragged from the Browser to external locations For example, it is now possible to drag and drop a sample from the Samples tab or a Preset from the Instruments tab of the Browser to the desktop of your computer or other instruments.
– FIXED Audio plug-in waveforms on the hardware Pattern screens didn’t update when changing the Pattern Length
– FIXED Edit tools could appear in the Sampler plug-in even with no sample loaded
– FIXED When the Section page was pinned on MASCHINE MK3 or STUDIO, pressing and releasing DUPLICATE would incorrectly recall the Scene page